|Necip Sayiner, EVP, President and CEO|
|Revenue||US$562.6 million (2014):22|
|US$54.8 million (2014):21|
Intersil International Operations Sdn. Was founded in 2009. The company's line of business includes the manufacturing of semiconductors and related solid-state devices. About Intersil Intersil Corporation (NASDAQ:ISIL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corporation, is a leading provider of innovative power management and precision analog solutions.
Intersil is an Americansemiconductor company headquartered in Milpitas, California. As of February 24, 2017, Intersil is a subsidiary of Renesas. The previous Intersil was formed in August 1999 through the acquisition of the semiconductor business of Harris Corporation. Intersil is a power management IC business, with specialized capability in power management and precision analog technology for applications in industrial, infrastructure, mobile, automotive and aerospace.
The original Intersil, Inc. was founded in 1967 by the Swiss physicist Jean Hoerni to develop digital watch Integrated Circuits (ICs).[disputed] The European subsidiary Eurosil was originally partially funded by SSIH, a Swiss watch company. Later-on, Intersil had a development contract with the Japanese company Daini Seikosha and became supplier of low-voltage CMOS watch ICs for Seiko. When microprocessors emerged to the market in the 1970s, Intersil participated with its 12-bitIM6100, which was the first microprocessor produced in CMOS technology and emulated the PDP-8 instruction set.
In 1988 Intersil was taken over by Harris Semiconductor, which had offered the IM6100 as second source. Harris combined these activities with the semiconductor divisions of Radiation Incorporated, General Electric and RCA they had taken over before. In 1999 Harris spun off its entire semiconductor division and Intersil Corporation was created  with the largest IPO in American semiconductor industry history. The second Intersil Corporation is a different company from the original Intersil, Inc.
Intersil Network & Wireless Cards Drivers
Next to digital circuits like microprocessors and memories like the 1k-bit CMOS RAM IM6508 and CMOS EPROMS IM6604/IM6654 Intersil designed famous analogue ICs like the ICM8038 waveform generator. A creation of Intersil (as Harris Semiconductor) is the PRISM line of Wi-Fi hardware: that group of products was sold to GlobespanVirata in 2003, and maintained by Conexant. Intersil is the manufacturer of the RCA (CDP)1802microprocessor (also known as RCA COSMAC), a CPU traditionally used in space applications.
In the 2000s, Intersil established market leadership in Vcore[clarification needed] power management for PCs, switching and buck boost regulators for industrial and consumer power systems, and radiation hardened analog and power ICs for military and commercial applications.
The company, under CEO Dave Bell, then began the expansion of a catalog analog business. The company also completed a series of acquisitions, two of which are still part of the portfolio, Zilker Labs digital power devices and Techwell automotive and security and surveillance products.
In 2012, with revenue in decline, the company's board of directors removed Dave Bell and began a search for a new CEO. In March 2013, the board appointed Necip Sayiner, the architect of Silicon Labs' turnaround, as CEO. Sayiner concentrated the company's efforts on power management and select target markets. The company was able to return to profitability in 2013 and in early 2014 re-launched as a power management company, with products to improve power efficiency, extend battery life and reduce size.
Japanese semiconductor company Renesas acquired Intersil on February 24, 2017.
Intersil develops and markets power management and analog technology for applications in the industrial, infrastructure, mobile, automotive and aerospace markets.
The company supplies power integrated circuits including battery management, computing power, display power, regulators and controllers and power modules; as well as analog components such as amplifiers and buffers, proximity and light sensors, data converters, timing products, optoelectronics and interface products.
- ^ abc'The potential of power. Intersil 2014 Annual Report'. Annual Reports. Primary signatory, Necip Sayiner. Intersil. February 12, 2015.CS1 maint: others (link)[self-published source]
- ^'Renesas and Intersil Announce Final Regulatory Approval for Renesas' Acquisition of Intersil' (Press release). Renesas Electronics. February 22, 2017.[self-published source]
- ^http://harris.com/view_pressrelease.asp?pr_id=625[permanent dead link]
- ^http://harris.com/view_pressrelease.asp?pr_id=483[permanent dead link]
- ^'Harris Completes Sale Of Its Semiconductor Business' (Press release). Harris Corporation. August 16, 1999. Retrieved February 24, 2017.
- ^Lucien Trueb: Die Elektrifizierung der Armbanduhr. Ebner, Ulm 2011, ISBN978-3-87188-236-4
- ^'Press Releases'.
- ^Intersil庆祝成立10周年(in Chinese)
- ^'From Video Games to Deep Space – the RCA 1802 COSMAC the CPU Shack Museum'.
- ^'Intersil CEO Beyer resigns, David Bell named as new CEO'.
- ^'Intersil Acquires Zilker Labs'. January 2009.
- ^'Intersil CEO holds steady on analogue strategy'. 2008-10-08.
- ^'Bloomberg Politics - Bloomberg'.
- ^ ab'Archived copy'. Archived from the original on 2014-03-14. Retrieved 2014-03-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ^http://intersil.presscentre.com/imagelibrary/downloadmedia.ashx?MediaDetailsID=121&SizeId=-1[permanent dead link]
- ^'Renesas and Intersil Announce Final Regulatory Approval for Renesas' Acquisition of Intersil'. Press release. Renesas. February 22, 2017. Retrieved April 12, 2017.