Seagate DiscWizard offers a suite of tools to help you manage Seagate or Maxtor hard drives.
An image backup created with DiscWizard can only be restored to the exact same computer it was created on. To start the Image Backup you will need to open the DiscWizard software and click on the Backup selection. Click Add Backup at the bottom left of the window and name your backup so you can identify it later. It can be a powerful alternative and supplement to Seagate Dashboard and Seagate Toolkit since it offers you more and flexible backup choices to back up your Seagate external hard drive, including: Back up files automatically based on your needs via 2 methods – create an image for files and sync files. Download Finder. Understand and accept the terms of the Seagate End User License Agreement. Click here to read Seagate's End User License Agreement. Jan 15, 2021 Apart from the Backup and Restore features, Seagate DiscWizard also comes with other useful features, such as Clone Disk, Rescue Media Builder, Acronis Universal Restore, Try&Decide, Add New Disk, Acronis Secure Zone, DriveCleanser, Mount/Dismount image, etc. DiscWizard Version 184.108.40.206500. The software lets you quickly install your new disc drive with wizards that guide you through the processes of creating and formatting partitions on your disc drive, transferring data, and backing up your data.
The program can create a complete image backup of your hard drive, for instance. This image can then be mounted as a temporary drive in Explorer, letting you browse it and restore just the selected files or folders that you need.
You're able to build a bootable recovery disc, too. If your hard drive becomes corrupted and Windows will no longer start, then boot from this instead, restore your last backup, and everything should be back to normal.
Or maybe you've bought a faster, larger hard drive? Seagate DiscWizard includes an option to add a new drive to your system. And you can then clone your existing hard drive by copying its partitions to the new disc, so you're able to boot from that instead.
As with any hard drive management tool, you need to be extremely careful about how you use DiscWizard. A single error - restore a backup to the wrong drive, say - could result in massive data loss. All Seagate DiscWizard functions are launched using clear and easy-to-follow wizards, though, so on balance you're probably safer here than with much of the competition.
Seagate Discwizard Image Backup Archive Explorer Driver Download Windows 10
A useful hard drive backup and cloning tool for Seagate and Maxtor drives
What is Seagate DiscWizard? How to use DiscWizard Seagate? This post will show you how to use the Seagate DiscWizard software. Besides, a Seagate Discwizard alternative – MiniTool ShadowMaker will be introduced to you.
Quick Navigation :
What Is Seagate DiscWizard?
Seagate DiscWizard is a piece of software that can ensure the security of all the information on your PC. It is able to back up the operating system, applications, settings, data, disks and partitions.
Seagate DiscWizard also enables you to perform recovery solutions when a disaster occurs, such as losing data, accidentally deleting critical files or folders, or suffering a complete hard disk crash.
Seagate DiscWizard also provides a disk clone feature so that you can use it to transfer all information and data including the operating system, applications, documents, and personal settings from the old hard drive to a new one.
After learning what Seagate DiscWizard, do you know how to use Seagate DiscWizard?
How to Use Seagate DiscWizard?
In this part, we will elaborate on how to use Seagate DiscWizard software. To install Seagate DiscWizard successfully, at least one Seagate or Maxtor hard drive is connected to your computer.
Now, we will show you how to use Seagate DiscWizard. Click here to download Seagate DiscWizard and install it. After running it, you will enter its main interface. You will see there are 5 options on the left which are BACKUP, TOOLS, ACCOUNT, SETTINGS and HELP.
First of all, we will show you how to use its Backup tool.
How to Use Seagate DiscWizard Backup Tool?
Here, we will show you how to use the Seagate DiscWizard Backup tool.
1. Click the BACKUP tab on the left pane.
2. On the right pane, you will see two modules: Select source and Select destination.
3. Click Select source module, and you can choose to back up the entire PC, disks and partitions, files and folders, and NAS. But the latter two are not available in this free edition, but it can be available on advanced editions.
4. Then return to the main interface. Click the Select destination module to choose a target destination to save the backups. You can choose a removable hard drive or a custom location for the backup. If you choose a custom location, you are required to choose a folder. Then click OK to continue.
5. Then you can click Options to set other backup parameters.
Seagate Discwizard Image Backup Archive Explorer Driver Download Windows 7
6. Under the Schedule tab, you can set a scheduled backup, such as Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Upon Event, or Nonstop. Besides, you can also set some advanced settings. But most of the features are chargeable.
7. Under the Scheme tab, you can change the backup scheme. The full backup scheme is set by default. (3 Types of Backup: Full, Incremental, Differential)
8. In the Notifications tab, if you checked it, it will inform you when the free disk space is insufficient. It can also send you an email about the operation state. You just need to input the email address and other information.
9. Seagate DiscWizard also allows you to exclude some files to be backed up. You can set some advanced backup settings, such as sector by sector backup, backup protection, backup splitting, validation, etc. under the Advanced tab.
10. After confirming all backup settings, you can click Back up Now to perform your backup task immediately.
Then it will begin the backup task and you need to wait patiently since the costing time depends on the number of your files of the backup source. Once it is finished, you have backed up your system, partition or disk successfully.
How to Restore Image Backups with Seagate DiscWizard?
If your system fails to boot or your files are lost, you need to do a system restore or file recovery. This process calls for reloading the operating system, programs and restoring data. Now, we will show you how to restore image backups with Seagate DiscWizard.
- Launch Seagate DiscWizard software.
- Select the backup you want to restore and click on Recovery at the top right of the window.
- Seagate DiscWizard will display the files that were backed up previously. To perform a system restore, click the Recover disks button.
- Then check the drive or drives you want to restore and choose a destination to restore them.
- Click Recover Now to start the restore process immediately. If the destination drive is not empty, you will receive a message asking you whether you are sure to erase the drive. Then click Yes to begin the restore process.
- After that, you need to wait patiently, and sometimes you are required to reboot your computer.
Once all steps are finished, you have successfully restored your files, drives, partitions and the operating system.
Apart from the Backup and Restore features, Seagate DiscWizard also comes with other useful features, such as Clone Disk, Rescue Media Builder, Acronis Universal Restore, Try&Decide, Add New Disk, Acronis Secure Zone, DriveCleanser, Mount/Dismount image, etc. Some features are free and some are chargeable. So, in the following part, we will show you how to use some of them.
How to Clone Disk with Seagate DiscWizard?
This part will introduce how to use Seagate DiscWizard to clone disk. One thing you need to notice is that Seagate DiscWizard can only clone the entire hard drive not but for the separate partition.
Now, here is the tutorial.
1. Launch Seagate DiscWizard.
2. Go to the Tools tab in the left pane.
3. Click the Clone Disk feature.
4. Choose one clone mode and click Next. Here, we choose Automatic (recommended).
5. Choose the disk you want to clone and click Next to continue.
6. Next, you are required to choose a target disk. The target disk should large enough to store all files on the source disk. Then click Next to continue. And all data and partitions on the target disk will be deleted.
7. Then select a cloning method. You can choose Copy partitions without changes or Copy partitions and use a disk as non-system, GPT style. Click Next to continue.
8. Confirm your settings and click Proceed to continue.
Seagate Discwizard Image Backup Archive Explorer Driver Download 64-bit
9. Seagate DiscWizard will begin to clone your disk and you need to wait patiently.
Once all steps are finished, you have cloned the disk successfully. And you can use this feature to upgrade your hard drive without data loss.
How to Use Rescue Media Builder in Seagate DiscWizard?
You can run Seagate DiscWizard from an emergency boot disc on a bare-metal system or a crashed computer that cannot boot. You can even back up discs on a non-Windows computer, copying all its data into the backup archive by imaging the disc one sector at a time.
Now, we will show you how to use Seagate DiscWizard to create bootable media.
1. Launch Seagate DiscWizard.
2. Click the Tools tab on the left pane.
3. Choose Rescue Media Builder to continue.
4. Choose a creation method. The simple option is configured automatically to suit this computer best. The advanced option enables you to adjust bootable media parameters to suit your computer or a different computer.
5. Then choose a bootable media type.
6. Choose Architecture and Toolkit.
7. You can also add drivers for better compatibility.
8. Then choose a media destination. You can choose an ISO file, WIM file or a USB drive.
9. Then click Proceed to continue and it will begin to create the bootable media.
After all steps are finished, the bootable media is created successfully. You can use it to boot the crashed computer and perform some recovery and rescue solutions.
In the above content, we have introduced the main 4 features of Seagate DiscWizard including Backup, Restore, Disk Clone and Rescue Media Builder. It also has some other features and you can explorer it by yourself or look for some instructions online.
However, when using Seagate DiscWizard, a Seagate or Maxtor hard drive is required. When using it, you may encounter come errors: Seagate DiscWizard installation has failed, Seagate DiscWizard scheduler service has stopped, Seagate DiscWizard scheduler service is stopped…
In this section, you can try to fix the problems or choose a Seagate DiscWizard alternative. There are also some other backup programs in the market, such as MiniTool ShadowMaker. Hence, in the following part, we will introduce the Seagate DiscWizard alternative – MiniTool ShadowMaker.
Seagate DiscWizard Alternative – MiniTool ShadowMaker
MiniTool ShadowMaker is a piece of professional Windows 10 backup software. It is designed to back up the operating system, files, folders, partitions and disk. It provides a way to perform some recovery solutions when some accidents happen like system crash, mistaken deletion, broken hard disk, etc.
It also offers services such as disk clone, bootable media building, mount/dismount images, universal restore, etc. Besides, MiniTool ShadowMaker enables you to sync your files to two locations and keep them in pace.
Now, we will show you how to use the Seagate DiscWizard alternative – MiniTool ShadowMaker.
How to Use Backup Tool in MiniTool ShadowMaker?
Here, we introduce how to use the backup tool of MiniTool ShadowMaker.
1. Download MiniTool ShadowMaker from the following button, install it and launch it.
2. Click Keep Trial.
3. Then go to the Backup MiniTool ShadowMaker is designed to back up the operating system, so it chooses it as the backup source by default. If you want to change it, click the Source module and follow the wizard to continue.
4. Click the Destination module to choose a target disk to save the backups. You can save it to an internal hard drive, external hard drive or NAS.
5. MiniTool ShadowMaker enables you to create a scheduled backup. You can back up on Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and On Event. To set it, just click the Schedule button.
6. MiniTool ShadowMaker provides three backup schemes which are full, incremental and differential backups. Incremental backup is chosen by default, and click the Scheme button to change it.
7. Click Options to set some advanced backup parameters.
- Backup image creation mode.
- Maximum file size for the backup image.
- Backup compression.
- Enable email notification.
- Exclude which files to back up.
- Shut down the computer when backing up is finished.
- Password protection backup image.
- Verify the backup.
8. Then click Back up Now to start the backup task.
Besides this feature, MiniTool ShadowMaker is able to perform some recovery solutions. You can restore the computer to an earlier state with the backup image.
Go to the Tools page, and you may find other useful features, such as Media Builder, Add Boot Menu, Mount/Dismount image, Clone Disk, etc.
For how to use the Media Builder feature, you can read the post: Create Bootable CD/DVD/USB Drive with Bootable Media Builder
For how to clone a hard disk with Seagate DiscWizard alternative – MiniTool ShadowMaker, you can read the post: Clone OS from HDD to SSD with 2 Powerful SSD Cloning Software
For the instructions of other feathers of MiniTool ShadowMaker, click here to know more.
Seagate Discwizard Image Backup Archive Explorer Driver Download Windows 8
In this post, we have introduced what DiscWizard Seagate is and how to use it. If you have any different ideas for Seagate DiscWizard, you can share them in the comment zone.
This post also shows the Seagate DiscWizard alternative – MiniTool ShadowMaker. If you have any problem with MiniTool ShadowMaker, please feel free to contact us via the email [email protected] and we will reply to you as soon as possible.