Download the latest drivers, software, firmware, and diagnostics for your HP printers from the official HP Support website. In this step, you can Install Driver by libusbK. Or, you can install the Driver OrbisEyeCam Driver. Run OrbisEyeCameraFirmwareLoader.exe (This file is located at OrbisEyeCam-master bin folder) 3. Test by running the PS4Camera on your Windows 10 Camera App or any other apps like this.-->
Submitting a fingerprint driver for Windows Hello compatibility
Microsoft has introduced new requirements on biometric sensors to comply with Windows Hello quality guidelines. A new manual review process will be necessary to gain approval to interoperate with Windows Hello. The process will be enforced with an OS check for a specific signature obtained through the Windows DevCenter (here: https://developer.microsoft.com/) that can only be obtained by undergoing the process in this document. Drivers that have been created and signed by WHQL before 6/1/17 are grandfathered. New and updated drivers that do not obtain this signature after this date will not work with Windows Hello in Window 10, version 1703 or later after the enforcement date.
A driver will always undergo manual approval to obtain the Windows Hello signature. Updates to approved drivers can refer to previous submissions for faster approval. Drivers must undergo a new review if it applies to a new sensor, or if changes to the matching engine have occurred that impact FAR, FRR, or presentation attack detection.
The biometric signature enforcement date is 6/1/2017, after which drivers that do not contain the bio signature will not be loaded and will no longer work with Windows Hello.
Step One: Create a biometric driver
Follow the instructions here to create a biometric driver:
Step Two: Test your sensor and self-validate
Self validate the sensor and driver to ensure they meet Microsoft’s biometric requirements and report findings in the Fingerprint Security Review Template. Documents for the requirements and template can be found within the Fingerprint partner package on Connect. If you do not have access to Connect, contact your Microsoft representative.
Step Three: Modify the driver configuration xml file
When you submit your driver, the Windows 10, version 1703 Fingerprint HLK test will check to ensure that the
bugId: ID number for the previous HLK submission that contains the previously approved security review information or 0 if the submission is undergoing an entirely new security review.
updateExistingSubmission: true if the submission serves as an update to a previous submission that has undergone the security review and false if otherwise.
Step Four: Modify the driver configuration inf
Biometric driver packages will need to be submitted to the new DevCenter portal to obtain the required Windows Hello signature and be uploaded to WU. Packages will need to include specific properties in the driver INF file to properly specify the adaptor dll's obtaining the digital signature. The following example demonstrates the formatting to obtain the bio signature on adaptor binaries and their related libraries.
For example, if the driver package contained a sensor, engine, and storage adaptor named sensor.dll, engine.dll, and storage.dll respectively, and one loaded stringparser.dll, then to obtain the bio signature on each one, the INF file would have to include the following components:
This step is the most important to making sure your driver receives the proper certification. All third party biometric adaptor files and any third party dlls loaded by these adaptors will need to be labeled and included in this manner if they are to obtain the biometric signature when submitted to DevCenter.
Step Five: Run the HLK test suite
The HLK tests will make sure the above modifications have been made in steps 3 and 4 and will fail if the configurations information is not there.When packaging the final HLK in HLK studio include the security review template submitted in the bug as a supplemental file.
Step Six: Submit the driver package and HLK logs
Submit the packaged HLK file to DevCenter for review. The feature team within Microsoft will be notified of the submission when it reaches the manual review process. The team will review the submitted template in the HLK package to make sure the self-validated information meets the Microsoft’s biometric requirements.
Step Seven: Wait for Microsoft approval and signing
Microsoft will approve the submission provided it meets all Biometric requirementsObtaining the biometric signature is not certification that the driver will work with Windows Hello. For example, a file could be excluded in the inf configuration file that is checked for the signature. If this file is loaded at the time the OS enforces the signature, the load will fail and the driver will not operate with Windows Hello. The signed driver should be tested by the IHV and OEM to ensure it works in the collective system.
Step Eight: Update an existing driver
If an update to a previously signed driver needs to be made, follow the instructions under step 3 for filling in the bugId and updateExistingSubmission fields in the driver configuration xml for the updated driver.If an update is being made to a grandfathered driver, the same steps should be used. The bugId field should be set to the submission ID of the grandfathered driver and the updateExistingSubmission field should be set to true.The driver configuration xml should be included in the driver package that is submitted.
DISCLAIMER: As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases without any additional costs to you.
Are you looking forward to streaming the latest PS4 video games on Twitch or explore other worlds in virtual reality? Do you want to command your console to recognize your face or go for a voice chat with your friends? Then, you will need a PS4 compatible webcam or camera.
And now you are maybe wondering how to use PS4 Camera on PC!
Fret not! I am here as always to help you out! Let’s check out all the detailed information about the setting and usage procedure on the PC.
What is PlayStation Camera?
The PlayStation Camera or PS4 Camera is developed by Sony Computer Entertainment, and it is a motion sensor and camera accessory for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. It is was released on 15 November 2013, and it is the successor to the PlayStation Eye for the PlayStation 3. It is used to track the PlayStation VR virtual reality headset.
It has two 1280×800 pixel cameras (720p resolution) with lenses having an f f/2.0, a 30 cm focusing distance, and an 85° field of view. With the dual-camera setup, the camera can operate at different modes, depending on the target application.
The camera comes with a four-channel microphone array that lessens background noise and may even receive voice commands. It records video in RAW and YUV formats and connects to the console via its specified port.
Some Accessories you May Need for the Setup:
Check out the following items to enhance the experience:
1.Collective Minds PSVR Showcase Rapid AC PS4 VR Charge & Display Stand
2. Privacy Shield for Playstation 4 Camera v2.0
3. 4Gamers Officially Licensed Clip Camera Mount Playstation 4 PS4
4. PlayStation 4 VR Move Controller & Camera Bundle
Let’s dive into an in-depth Video and blog guide:
Step by Step Procedure for Using PS4 Camera on PC:
Once you have plugged your PS4 camera to the console using an AUX port, you have to then place the camera at your preferred surface (obviously leveled). Set the camera in front of your face. Adjust it by twisting the camera body. However, look below to learn all the systematic installation of the PS4 cameras on your PC.
Here we go with step by step windows setting information of PS4 Camera on PC-
1. Find the USB 3.0 Portion of your PC. Connect your PS4 camera on that USB portion with the help of a USB Adapter.
2. Then go for the Device Manager. Click USB Boot under Other Device portion of the Device Manager.
1. Open a new folder at your preferable location. Rename the folder. Please rename the new folder relating to your PS4 camera.
2. You can open the new folder on your desktop, renaming it like PS4 Camera Driver.
1. Now download all Installation Files.
2. You can download libusbK if you want your own package.
3. The link to libusbK is https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusbK.
4. If you don’t want your package, start downloading the next file name, OrbisEyeCam USB_Boot Driver.
5. The link of OrbisEyeCam USB_Boot Driver is https://github.com/psxdev/OrbisEyeCam
6. If somehow, if you find ucrtbased.dll (Universal Visual C++ Runtime, CRT), don’t worry. Consider it as a Visual Studio Part only.
7. If your windows have an X64bits operating system, you have to download the X64 bit version. And if you have 34bits OS, select the X 86 versions.
8. Links: https://www.dllfiles.com/ucrtbased.dll.html, https://www.wiki.dll.com/microsoft/ucrtbased-dll
1. In this step, you can Install Driver by libusbK.
2. Or, you can install the Driver OrbisEyeCam Driver.
1. Load Firmware.
2. Run OrbisEyeCameraFirmwareLoader.exe (This file is located at OrbisEyeCam-masterbin folder)
3. Test by running the PS4Camera on your Windows 10 Camera App or any other apps like this.
4. If your camera run okay, that means your set is successful. However, if not, you have to ask professional help.
The Setting of Ps4 Camera for Broadcasting:
If you already have installed your camera on your PC OS, now you can go for Broadcasting on any Streaming Platform (like Twitch). During your playtime, click the share button from the controller menu. Select Broadcast Gameplay. Decide how you want to take the streaming service. Twitch or YouTube is preferable in that case.
However, you can open a new ID to log in there, or you can log in to an existing account. Select the X menu. Select ‘Include Video from PlayStation Camera”. This menu is placed under the Broadcast option of the screen. Select Include Audio in Broadcast, if you have any intention to go for a voice chat with your friends while you are playing multiplayer mode.
How to Open a PS4 Camera in Windows 10:
1. Press the Start Button
2. There will be a lot of apps. Select the camera among those lists. However, the opening of the camera with other apps needs to select the start button at first. Then Setting > Privacy > Camera. Finally, open the “Let Apps Use My Camera.” This way, you can select your preferable apps within where you want to use your camera.
How to Stream PS4 Using Pc Webcam and Professional Mics?
You can use the ps4 camera as a webcam and vice versa. Let dive into the steps for the latter –
- You will need two softwares – one is PS4 remote play and another one is Xsplit Broadcaster.
- First, you have to sign-in, register, and enable Remote Play. You then see the PS4 screen on your computer.
- Then, you have to launch Xsplit Broadcaster. After opening an account in it, you will see a black screen. After selecting the broadcast platform and adding the remote play screen, the PS4 will appear on the software screen.
- To add the webcam to your streaming, you simply need to select add camera now. And if you feel about going live, you can again choose the broadcast platform.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How to set up the PS Camera’s Facial Recognition?
Log into your PS4 profile, set your PS4 camera in an easily adjustable angle so that it can get enough light to see your face sharply. Now click on the Setting menu, and then click on Login Setting menu. Finally, click on the Enable Facial Recognition menu. If you want to add new info, further click on the Add Face Data. However, once your camera got your face, fill up all On-screen instructions.
How Can I go for a voice chat with my PS camera?
The updated PS4 features the voice chat facility with your friends even while you are in the middle of the playing mode. You have to enable your voice chat option when you are playing a multiplayer game with your friends. Make sure you have spoken aloud so that your voice can overcome the game noise to reach your friends.
Newly updated PS4 cameras have little been improved with their adaptation to the PC. With the formal standard look, it is now free from its previous Blocky Shape. You will feel delighted by seeing the Spherical shaped Microphone, which is comfortably fitted within the rounded shape camera.
Step-four Driver Download Windows 10
It is comparatively lighter & smaller than the previous PS4. And once you learned well how to use the PS4 camera on your PC, it will give you a more user-friendly feel.
Step-four Driver Download
That’s all about today.